Please find below a list of useful websites and resources which will help you to support your son/daughter’s careers decisions.
Impartial careers guidance for young people
- National apprenticeships website – http://www.getingofar.gov/ This website has details of all apprenticeships nationwide.
- http://www.youthoria.org/: A website for 11 to 19 year olds in Cambridgeshire with useful information on careers and learning. There are details of local apprenticeships under the “Home” tab of this site.
- http://www.startprofile.com/ – A free gamified careers website helping young people discover pathways to employment .
- National Careers Service – http://www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/ or 0800 100 900
Guidance for parents
- http://www.careersadviceforparents.org/: A website for parents and carers designed by an experienced, independent career development professional.
- http://www.parentalguidance.org.uk/: A website for parents and carers. The contributors to this website are experienced professionals in the field of careers guidance.
- The Government’s Apprenticeship website has been redeveloped to include a section specifically aimed at parents: https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/parents/their-career