Health & Social Care is about…
- Learning about the structure and function of the body systems and how they may each be affected by disease, disorders and old age.
- Learning about the human mind and behaviour and how it may impact on our health and help us understand why people may ignore symptoms of ill health.
- Learning about ways to protect and improve the health of the general public, focusing on current public health strategies and initiatives.
- Gaining an understanding of health and social care in a range of different environments and settings where care can take place.
- Learning about effective communication, the importance of legislation and how to provide a person-centred approach when providing healthcare.
- Using your knowledge, understanding and skills gained to contribute to your written responses via a combination of coursework units (50%) and externally examined units (50%).